Friday, September 18, 2009

Reflections of a Proud Mother

I feel very privileged and blessed to be a Mommy! It is the best job, of course second to being a wife ;)...but there are days that I am faced with difficult decisions. God is my guide and His word is the book I follow on raising my children but it is still hard...there are many days I don't know if I'm doing the right things...if I'm making the right decisions. I know I overreact, I yell, and there are days that I am impatient and just not nice. I just pray that I am not the only one who feels this way sometimes. God is good and he is forgiving and I praise Him that He gives me strength to go on everyday and follow His will.
And there are days that I feel so wonderful that I am a Mommy to my precious baby boy, well really big boy who is almost four (yikes!). He has the sweetest little heart and I love him so much! It has been a long week with much transition and tension and impatience. Yet as I was putting him to bed tonight, even after lost patience and yelling about listening to mommy, all he could say was how much he loved me and to quote his exact words "I love you too much all day!" He obviously has a way with words ;)
Then he turned to me and asked me if I loved him, I said"Off course I love you, you are so special to me!" We continued a back and forth I love you and why for about 10 minutes and then he went on to say "Well Jesus loves me too!"
It was so sweet and wonderful to see that he is beginning to understand the love God has for him!
I feel so proud of the boy we are raising! Since he started walking he has been unstoppable and at times one wild kid that never seemed to lose energy, he was the unstoppable energy bunny. At times it was good and and at times not so good. It has caused Rodrigo and I to question ourselves and our way of raising him. I read a wonderful book by James Dobson called, "Bringing up Boys"...he talks about all the aspects of a boy that make them boys and later on men. It talks about the different importances of a mother and father for their son and most importantly why their personalities and traits are so different than a "calm girl." It helped me look over my expectations I had for RJ and makes some much needed changes about what I should expect from him.
Lately RJ has changed so much. He is going to preschool 4 days a week now and it has helped him mature so much. He is so much calmer and he actually enjoys spending time coloring and learning. It's amazing watching him and the new things he is discovering!
He makes me so proud and I praise God for his life! He is so special and I felt I needed to share that, more than anything for myself. To remind me that my baby boy is special and amazing in his own little ways despite our daily frustrations! I can't wait to see what an incredible man he will be someday!

Our goofy, handsome little guy!

1 comment:

Rosamond said...

Being a Mom is SO hard some days. I lost my temper this weekend and had to go back and apologize and ask forgiveness. I just pray that they learn from that too.
What a special sweet boy. It is so great that you appreciate him!